Tuesday 6 September 2011

LOVE AFFAIR-GRACE CODDINGTON




Grace Coddington is quite simply the reason I love fashion so much and will always devour it with LOVE and AFFECTION. She embodies and is quite frankly (in my opinion), what fashion is all about...PASSION WITHOUT LOSING ONE'S SELF. 

At 62, Coddington is easily the world's most influential fashion editor, famous for transforming photographic spreads into narratives, a signature she pioneered in the 1970s at British Vogue. Although other magazines have since adopted this style, she pulls it off with a witty, modern romanticism that makes readers feel they are flipping through a picture book instead of just looking at shots of models in pretty clothing. "I like fairy tales, and I like dreaming. I try to weave the reality into the dream," she says. "When readers pick up Vogue, I want them to smile. Everything should be a little tongue in cheek, a little dare-to-go-there."


Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1005538,00.html#ixzz1X7ZFBmJT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside My Vault Team